- The State Research Institute for Material Protection under the management of Mr. Peterka established the PTFE coating surface treatment facility in Tiba Slovany, plant 22. This facility provided services to the entire textile industry of Czechoslovakia in Teflon® coating application on drying cylinders for the textile industry.
- The Tiba Slovany plant 22 was privatized by Karel Bičiště and 2 other partners and the company name was changed to PVP Slovany. This mechanical engineering company manufactured textile industry machines, power equipment, and delivered surface treatment services which generated less than 10% of total sales.
- Following the death of Karel Bičiště, the majority share in PVP Slovany was transferred to his children. His daughter Karolína Bičišťová took an active role in the company. With her future husband Martin Kortus and two other partners, they became involved in restructuring the company.
- Martin Kortus was appointed to the position of company director and acquired 20% of company shares; the surface treatment business continued to develop. Relationships with important suppliers and customers were established.
- The company got its first order in the oil & gas sector; the next phase of surface treatment business development began as the acquisition of phosphating technology.
- Technicoat s.r.o. was established as a company with its corporate office in Homole (České Budějovice), specializing in surface treatment with fluoroplastic application. Mr. Martin Kortus became the sole partner in the company. The surface treatment division was separated from PVP Slovany.
- Entry of foreign partner IBG Monforts to Technicoat s.r.o., investments in surface treatment technology.
- The company was the first company in Central and Eastern Europe to obtain the DuPont Industrial Applicator license.
- Development of the company´s business in the oil & gas sector; acquiring important certifications and customers.
- Plant in Poland opened.
- Plant in Romania opened.
- Withdrawal of the partner IBG Monforts with settlement of its share, and entry of the new partner Adelhelm Group, a leading European supplier of functional coatings.
- Construction of a new manufacturing site, company relocation to Planá u Českých Budějovic.
- Acquisition of a robot for automatic application of surface treatment.
- Development of bulk small plastic parts coating, development of semi-automatic coating of industrial metal sheets and moulds.
- Establishment of affiliated company TECHNICOAT Bakeware s.r.o., specializing in supplying TECHNICOAT® coatings for the backing industry.
- Establishment of the Technicoat India branch office.